г. Москва, Московская область

Т8 The Valley Of Fear and The Case-Book Of Sherlock Holmes Дойл Артур Конан

Complete in five handsome volumes, each with an introduction by a Doyle scholar, a chronology, a selected bibliography, and explanatory notes, the Oxford Sherlock Holmes series offers a definitive collection of the famous detective's adventures. No home library is complete without it • Comprising the series of short stories that made the fortunes of the Strand, the magazine in which they were first published, this volume won even more popularity for Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. Holmes is at the height of his powers in many of his most famous cases, including The Sussex Vampire, The Mazarin Stone, The Three Gables and the famous The Valley of Fear
Актуальные предложения интернет-магазинов
This complete volume contains four novels and fifty-six short stories about the most engaging detective of all time, with a foreword by crime writer Ruth Rendell • Sherlock Holmes, together with his faithful sidekick Doctor John H. Watson, proves himself as the quintessential detective. Time after time his pits his extraordinary wits and courage against foreign spies, blackmailers, cultists, petty thieves, murderers, swindlers, policemen (both stupid and clever), and his arch-nemesis Moriarty • Continuing to enthral millions in film and TV adaptations, Arthur Conan Doyle's creation has inspired readers and writers of crime stories for well over a century. Join their ranks with this collection
My-shop.ru г. Москва
3 738 руб.
СберМегаМаркет г. Москва
455 руб.
СберМегаМаркет г. Москва
1 058 руб.
В этот сборник входят самые любопытные и запоминающиеся рассказы сэра Артура Конана Дойла о культовом сыщике Шерлоке Холмсе, включая истории о стычках с опасными загадочными незнакомцами, изобретательных ограблениях, смертельных заговорах и спрятанных бриллиантах. В погоне за новыми делами проницательный детектив и его отважный помощник посещают самые разные места – от привычных лондонских улочек до живописных английских деревень и холодных швейцарских скал, которые тонут в брызгах Райхенбахского водопада • Книга на английском языке • This volume collects together Sherlock Holmes's most memorable and intriguing cases, including adventures with mysterious masked strangers, ingenious heists, murderous plots and hidden jewels, which take the famous detective and his faithful sidekick Dr Watson from the streets of London and the English countryside to a chilling encounter at the Reichenbach Falls in Switzerland
My-shop.ru г. Москва
1 795 руб.
Женщина обнаруживает два отрезанных уха в картонной коробке, в подземке находят мёртвого клерка, а в Корнуолльском коттедже с ума сходят двое мужчин • В сборнике "Его прощальный поклон" самый известный в мире эксцентричный сыщик сталкивается с рядом увлекательных загадок. Шерлока Холмса и его напарника Джона Ватсона ждут восхитительные приключения, в которых они не упустят ни единой детали и раскроют злодейские планы подлых преступников • Заключительная история сборника представляет вниманию читателей последнее приключение легендарного детектива. Её действие происходит во время Первой мировой войны: Холмс наслаждается заслуженным отдыхом, но его привлекают к расследованию деятельности потенциального немецкого шпиона. Также в неё входит потрясающий эпилог, подводящий итоги жизненного пути одного из лучших персонажей за всю историю мировой литературы
My-shop.ru г. Москва
914 руб.
In The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes we read the last twelve stories Conan Doyle was to write about Holmes and Watson. They reflect the disillusioned world of the 1920s in which they were written, and he can be seen to take advantage of new, more open conventions in fiction. Suicide as a murder weapon and homosexual incest are some of the psychological tragedies whose consequences are unravelled by the mind of Holmes before the eyes of Watson. That said, the collection also includes some of the best turns of wit in the series, and indeed in the whole of English literature • The editor of this volume, W.W. Robson, is Emeritus David Masson, Professor of English Literature at the University of Edinburgh and the author of Modern English Literature
My-shop.ru г. Москва
1 606 руб.
В 1901 году Конан Дойл наконец уступил давлению общественности и возродил любимого детектива нации. В этом сборнике, включающем последние 12 рассказов, когда-либо написанных о Шерлоке Холмсе, собраны некоторые из самых злодейских и необычных персонажей Конан Дойла. Разочарование, испытанное в 1920-х годах, отражается в мрачном настроении многих рассказов, и многие полагают, что растущий интерес автора к спиритизму повлиял на темы, которые он выбрал для исследования • Книга на английском языке • In l901, Conan Doyle finally bowed to public pressure and resurrected the nation's favourite detective. Featuring the last 12 stories ever written about Sherlock Holmes, this collection contains some of Conan Doyle's most villainous and unusual characters
My-shop.ru г. Москва
275 руб.
It is more than a century since the ascetic, gaunt and enigmatic detective, Sherlock Holmes, made his first appearance in A Study in Scarlet. From 1891, beginning with The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, the now legendary and pioneering Strand Magazine began serialising Arthur Conan Doyle's matchless tales of detection, featuring the incomparable sleuth patiently assisted by his doggedly loyal and lovably pedantic friend and companion, Dr Watson. The stories are illustrated by the remarkable Sydney Paget from whom our images of Sherlock Holmes and his world derive and who first equipped Holmes with his famous deerstalker hat. The literary cult of Sherlock Holmes shows no sign of fading with time as each new generation comes to love and revere the penetrating mind and ruthless logic which were the undoing of so many Victorian master criminals
My-shop.ru г. Москва
2 139 руб.
Прошло более столетия с тех пор, как аскетичный и загадочный детектив Шерлок Холмс впервые появился в "Этюде в багровых тонах". С 1891 года, начиная с "Приключений Шерлока Холмса", ставший легендарным и новаторским журнал "Стрэнд" начал публиковать серии "несравненных рассказов Артура Конан Дойла о расследованиях", в которых несравненному сыщику терпеливо помогал его преданный и очаровательно педантичный друг и компаньон доктор Ватсон. Литературный культ Шерлока Холмса не проявляет никаких признаков угасания со временем, поскольку каждое новое поколение начинает любить и почитать проницательный ум и безжалостную логику, которые погубили стольких выдающихся преступников викторианской эпохи • Книга на английском языке • It is more than a century since the ascetic, gaunt and enigmatic detective, Sherlock Holmes, made his first appearance in A Study in Scarlet
My-shop.ru г. Москва
3 337 руб.
Discover Sherlock Holmes's most memorable and intriguing cases, including adventures with mysterious masked strangers, ingenious heists, murderous plots and hidden jewels. From Holmes's lodgings at 221B Baker Street, the famous detective and his faithful sidekick Dr. Watson unravel the shadiest crimes taking place on the streets of London and across the English countryside
My-shop.ru г. Москва
453 руб.
'Holmes,' I cried.'Is it really you? Can it indeed be that you are alive? Is it possible that you succeeded in climbing out of that awful abyss?' • Missing, presumed dead, for three years, Sherlock Holmes returns triumphantly to his dear companion Dr Watson. And not before time! London has never been in more need of his extraordinary services: a murderous individual with an air gun stalks the city • Among thirteen further brilliant tales of mystery, detection and deduction, Sherlock Holmes investigates the problem of the Norwood Builder, deciphers the message of the Dancing Men, and cracks the case of the Six Napoleons
My-shop.ru г. Москва
1 770 руб.
"Holmes!" I cried. "Is it really you? Can it indeed be that you are alive? Is it possible that you succeeded in climbing out of that awful abyss?" • London's criminal underworld has risen once again, and a dangerous individual with an air gun is prowling the streets. The capital is in greater need of its protector, Sherlock Holmes, than ever • Three years have passed since Holmes and the evil mastermind Professor Moriarty fell, locked in combat, into the Reichenbach Falls in Switzerland, and when Doctor Watson collides with an odd-looking old book collector in the street, little does he know that the world's greatest detective is about to return… • Contains: The Adventure of the Empty House, The Adventure of the Norwood Builder, The Adventure of the Dancing Men, The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist, The Adventure of the Priory School, The Adventure of Black Peter, The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton, The Adventure of the Six Napoleons, The Adventure of the Three Students, The Adventure of the Golden Pince-Nez, The Adventure of the Missing Three-Quarter, The Adventure of the Abbey Grange, The Adventure of the Second Stain
My-shop.ru г. Москва
1 382 руб.
Compare-Price.ru - сравнение цен интернет-магазинов. Просто выбрать. Легко купить.